Monday, April 28, 2008

Lost Chances - by Parker Briggsmore


Here's a poem from Parker. We're pretty sure he wrote it BEFORE the Brothel came about, and then submitted it to the site, but whatever. We don't care. If you like poems, you might like it. -KV


LOST CHANCES
Parker Briggsmore

Lost chances

Shifting stances,

Half spoken words remaining prolonged glances

Moments,

like sliding doors,

derailing romances,

when they pass,

With quickly spoken nonsense

into the past,

and do not fade,

rather, last and linger.

Strings on the finger that tap my brain at night

As I stay awake and contemplate

Failures to communicate

feelings that dominate

the Universe that exists in the cell of my soul grown cold

in the absence of the rise of its moon,

and too soon

the scenario threatens to repeat again,

and again

and again,

but...

this time…

from my lowered heights,

I do ascend.

Rising past walls built up to defend

with love in my heart

to mend

a wound in my soul,

taking control of what fate has foretold,

me and you together,

forever,

growing old,

two fragments finally whole.

And in this script,

I gladly play my role

So I take my chance…

Offering half a smile and a prolonged glance

giving you everything for a little romance.

and as I look into your eyes and you look back

risking the present to banish the past,

I know,

that all the words of love that were never said,

will be spoken at last.

-PB

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged