Monday, February 16, 2009

25 Random Things About Me / I Cannot Say No to Facebook


Hey, it's Charlie. Not sure why this is going up. This post is about a month late, and I swear I saw a similar post on a friend of The Brothel's blog. (FOTBB) - CL


Hey, it's Klaus. The post is going up because some people would rather write snippy editor's notes instead of actual posts. -KV


25 Random Things About Me / I Cannot Say No to Facebook

You Facebook users know what I'm talking about. This is that damn chain-posting going around like a bad forwarded email from college freshmen.

Wasn't going to do one until I was "tagged" in one of them. And then we ran low on article ideas for The Brothel.

Here's how my Facebook friend prefaced her list:

I don't like doing these things but I do like reading them. And I'm feeling chatty and eager to please this morning. Still, I remain deeply suspicious that this is just data collection for an anthropology or media studies dissertation.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

And here's what came to me in a moment of inspiration/desperation. Obviously nobody gets "tagged" here in The Brothel. (Or do they? You're it!)

Okay fine, 25 random things (or so) about me, Klaus V.

1. I do not like randomness.
2. But I like David Lynch films.
3. Because I like movies about beautiful naked women shot in a cinematic way.
4. I added "shot in a cinematic way" so I wouldn't get in trouble with my girlfriend.
5. I have a girlfriend.
6. Now that I think about it, I only really like Mulholland Dr.
7. I change my mind a lot.
8. David Lynch films should be called David Lynch's confusing-ass naked women movies.
9. I tire quickly of talking about David Lynch.
10. I like cats.
11. I like San Diego.
12. Wine tastes good.
13. I am looking at an empty glass.
14. I will be right back.
15. (I am not here)
16. I am back.
17. I am perpetually surprised at how good Charles Shaw tastes.
18. I am talking about the wine.
19. I get homophobic after drinking wine.
20. I am not going to explain that joke.
21. I sometimes talk in the third person.
22. I warned you.
23. Klaus likes cats, but not when they try to get on your lap when you are trying to type.
24. Klaus is careful not to spill his wine while he types and shoos cats.
25. Klaus likes getting to the end of lists so he can go back to important things, like surfing the internet.
77 - is Klaus's favorite number, so he's going to end on it. And because we skipped 15, this is technically 25. I mean, 77.

One last thing: Facebook phenomenons rule.

And by "rule," I mean, suck.

And by "Facebook," I mean "Most movies by David Lynch."

-KV

3 comments:

Alix said...

hey!

and

I've been feeling sheepish for about three weeks now. Ever since I hit that 'post' button.

Alix said...

Additionally, quiet sounds can be annoying. In fact, I would argue that only quiet sounds (the drips of a faucet, open-mouthed chewers, people that breath) are annoying. But maybe this is lost on you because you used to live next to a construction site.

And I can SEE other people in the stairwell with me. Its not like a lack all my other sense organs.

Klaus Varley said...

Rightly so - those sheepish feelings, I mean.

And as for the quiet sounds being annoying - for those who didn't read Alix's 25 random things, it's in reference to the fact that one random thing was her not hearing well, and another was her being annoyed by sounds.

So SEEING the sounds makes the difference? I guess that makes sense.

I guess.

Blog Directory - Blogged