Monday, March 23, 2009

Obama Learns from MILK


On Wednesday, March 18th, Obama addressed a crowd in Orange County.

Obama: I know a lot of you are outraged about this (AIG Bonuses).
Crowd: Yeah!
Obama: I'm outraged too!

Sound familiar? That is as close a politician gets to quoting from a movie without crediting the film.

Here is the scene from MILK (2008) with Sean Penn as Harvey Milk:

Harvey Milk: I know you're angry!
Crowd: Yeah!!
Harvey Milk: I'm angry!



What does this mean? It means Obama has seen MILK. Or at least watched the preview.

Or maybe Obama just knows how to work a crowd - just like Harvey Milk used to do.

-TLB

2 comments:

Carrie M said...

Did he seriously say that?

That. Is. Awesome.

Klaus Varley said...

He did indeed.

Maybe I'll post it?

Or maybe I'll move on and write a new piece and you can just trust me.

Who knows.

Blog Directory - Blogged