Friday, August 29, 2008

Experts: Palin Chosen for Women's Votes


This article in the USA Today, uh, today, states that the consensus among so-called "experts" is that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was chosen as the vice presidential running-mate of John McCain in order to court the votes of women disillusioned with the promise of the first female Presidential candidate.

Now you don't have to read the article, but read this: if pointing this out makes you an expert, than I, Klaus Varley, declare myself an expert in politics, for that's EXACTLY what I said when I first heard the news.

What else am I am expert in? Procrastinating, blogging, and Super Mario Kart (SNES).

But now, add politics to that list.

Booya.

Seriously, if McCain cared about strengthening the executive branch - or his proposed version of said branch - would he not have chosen someone who is an expert in the economy, something that which McCain has said - on at least three occasions - that he knows nothing about?

Listen to me; I am an expert.

Or listen to the Obama camp: "Bill Burton offered a harsh critique of Palin's credentials, saying McCain 'put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency.'"

Gotta love that "heartbeat" imagery.

Enjoy your "labor day," whatever that is.

-KV

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yup. Apparently, I am a political expert now too. I REALLY hope this strategy backfires. I mean, it has to, right? She has a B.A. from an Idaho college. She was a fricken beauty queen. She's in charge of a town in Alaska (how's that for being disconnected from the rest of the world?) that has about half the population of the university I attended.
I think she could probably handle being vice president of the PTA, but VP of the USA? Ridiculous.

Klaus Varley said...

I don't know, the PTA race is pretty competitive this year.

Blog Directory - Blogged