Friday, January 16, 2009

Man Sold Teenage Daughter for Money, Beer


Live from Greenfield, CA - a small town along the central coast of California, nestled gently between Paso Robles and Salinas on the 101 - comes a modern-day tale of a simple dowry exchange of cash, beer, and meat gone awry.



So what have we learned?

1. The Associated Press has their own videos, but they still haven't mastered the "green screen."

2. Before you call the police to get back your daughter because you sold her into marriage and the party that bought her aren't coughing up the dough, you might want to check the laws into "selling 14yr olds into marriage."

3. When you put this video on YouTube you will get comments like this one from Sharkdude1: "Guess this is happens when the Day workers who you see hanging out at Home Depot stores don't get jobs"

4. I don't know who Raul Rodriguez is, but he seems hella smart. And judicious.

Seriously.

-KV

6 comments:

Carrie M said...

1) Greenfield is the most adorable little blip of all the speed traps on 101.

2) I wish I could marry someone and get a dowry.

Klaus Varley said...

Sorrie Carrie, I believe your father would get the dowry. That's just the way the cash-beer-meat crumbles.

Carrie M said...

Dangit. Isn't it time for change?

Klaus Varley said...

I'm pretty sure that's on Obama's "To Do" list, reproduced below:

CHANGE/FIX
1. Economy
2. Terrorism
3. Dowry rules
4. Environment
5. Jump Shot

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I would happily give you 6 cases of beer and two cases of meat if you will marry me. I will give you as many additional cases as you require, as well as the contents of my wallet ($8 US and $40 Canadian) if you will cook for me and serve me some of those beers.

You are older than 14, right?

Klaus Varley said...

Again, those cases would go to Carrie's father, not to Carrie. Please proposition the correct person, Anonymous.

Blog Directory - Blogged