Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Five things Twitter is Good For


Five Things Twitter is Good For

Klaus Varley


Note: this piece was written in June of 2009. If you are reading this and Twitter is obsolete - like, say, it's July 2009 - please feel free to change the title (in your mind) to Five Things Twitter WAS Good For. Thanks! - KV

1. Starting a revolution in Iran.

2. Meeting shy exhibitionists.

3. Tracking celebrities (like Shaq). Hearing about their surprisingly boring lives, and their less surprising lack of insight on it.

4. Reading about people who run and tweet at the same time (like anotorias) while you sit on your ass and surf the web.

5. Seriously, it might actually good for people with the same interests in things (food, movies, Iranian politics...) as long as the tweets stay on topic.

I can't believe I used "tweets" non-ironically in a sentence.

Or can I?

Hit me up on Twitter to find out!

http://twitter.com/KlausVarley

-KV

3 comments:

Laura said...

Haha. I like #2. It's so true.

Klaus Varley said...

Thanks.

Is it?

I kinda just meant it as an oxymoron...

Who are you meeting?!?

Laura said...

Me? No one! Sheesh. I just meant I agreed that shy people become exhibitionist on things like Twitter and FB.

Blog Directory - Blogged