Monday, July 28, 2008

Narrow Ruled - A Poem


Because the poetry contest ends in 3 days (submit now!) I thought I would give this poetry writing thing a shot.

[later]

Man, that was a lot harder than copying down a Bukowski poem and putting it up on the site to get more hits. -KV


NARROW RULED
by Klaus Varley

The narrow ruled notebook
where I keep all my ideas
lives in the outside mesh pocket
of my backpack

One day
I thought I lost it.

"Have you seen the narrow ruled notebook where I keep all my ideas?"
I asked my girlfriend.
"No."
She said.

I couldn't think of what was written
on the pages.
All I could remember
was a list
of potential articles
for The Literary Brothel
written on the back page.

But I couldn't remember the articles.
Only that I had made a list.

The next day
when I found my narrow ruled notebook
in my computer bag
I turned to that list.

Dentist.
Yoga.
Tarnation.
Wall-E.
Ad.
Fly.

I added one more.

Poem - Narrow Ruled

-KV

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged